- ‘Stimulus Checks Are The Least Important,’ When Drafting Aid Package, Says Economistby News – CBS DC on October 26, 2020 at 6:38 pm
A second stimulus package is unlikely by election day, but removing stimulus checks entirely would save money and could help the parties make a deal.
- Stimulus Package Update: While Politicians Negotiate, Economic Damage Continuesby News – CBS DC on October 23, 2020 at 1:56 pm
With negotiations on a second round of stimulus ongoing, the chance of a package that can pass both the House and Senate seems remote.
- Alexandra Pelosi On Showtime Documentary ‘American Selfie: One Nation Shoots Itself’: ‘Social...by News – CBS DC on October 22, 2020 at 10:00 pm
The daughter of Nancy Pelosi discusses her new Showtime documentary about a year in the life of America and what it was like to document everything from COVID-19 to protests over the death of George Floyd.
- ‘Legal Equalizer’ App Helps People Know Their Rights, Safely Interact With Police:...by News – CBS DC on October 22, 2020 at 4:20 pm
The Founder and CEO of the Legal Equalizer app hopes that it will help to de-escalate situations between police and citizens by providing accountability on all sides.
- Stimulus Package Update: Is A Deal Even Possible At This Point?by News – CBS DC on October 21, 2020 at 3:21 pm
House Democrats and the Trump administration agreeing on stimulus terms isn't even the biggest obstacle to a stimulus package.
- Stimulus Package Update: Is Time Running Out On A Possible Second Stimulus Check?by News – CBS DC on October 20, 2020 at 4:05 pm
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says a deal must be reached by Tuesday if a stimulus package is to pass by election day.
- ‘Eleanor Roosevelt Said Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You’: Author David Michaelis On New...by News – CBS DC on October 19, 2020 at 5:47 pm
Eleanor Roosevelt was much more than just the First Lady of the United States. A new book from Simon & Schuster examines 60 years of her personal and professional life.
- Stimulus Package Update: As Unemployment Claims Climb, Have Both Sides Found Common Ground?by News – CBS DC on October 17, 2020 at 1:11 pm
A second stimulus package remains a possibility, but can struggling Americans wait for Washington to come together on a plan?
- ‘He Developed From An Unlikely Presidential Candidate To A World Leader’: Steve Kroft On...by News – CBS DC on October 16, 2020 at 9:15 pm
President Barack Obama was interviewed 17 times by Steve Kroft while he was at CBS News. The former 60 Minutes correspondent discusses his new audiobook featuring all his conversations with the 44th President.
- Market Strategist Warns ‘Pain Felt On Main Street Quite Distinct From What’s Reflected In Stock...by News – CBS DC on October 16, 2020 at 3:43 pm
In an economy beset by pandemic-induced hardship, why is Wall Street thriving while Main Street is struggling?